Universities Scotland responded to the Department for Education’s consultation on post-qualification admissions.
Our submission reflected the particular implications of the proposed admissions reform for Scottish learners and the Scottish university sector.
In our submission we highlight:
– Admissions reform must put the learner at the centre and make admissions fairer
– Maintaining a centralised admissions system that works for the devolved nations is key
– The proposed reforms risk undermining the Scottish higher education sector’s significant progress on widening access
– A post-qualification applications system would not be workable. A post-qualification offers system may be workable, but applicants may best be served by reforms to the existing admissions system
– Further stakeholder engagement is needed.
You can read our full response here.