Ahead of the UK General Election on 12 December 2019, Universities Scotland has prepared a briefing which outlines the higher education policies we’re seeking support for in political parties’ manifestos and from the next government. The short briefing should be considered as a companion to Universities UK’s manifesto briefing.
Our ‘asks’ have been divided into five themes recognising different policy agendas. The themes are:
- Letting people and places reach their potential
- Putting global talent to work for Scotland
- World leaders in science and research
- A prosperous Scotland post-Brexit
- Actions to be taken in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
Read the full manifesto here.