The Home Affairs Committee is undertaking an inquiry into what the post-Brexit migration policy for the UK should be.
Universities Scotland responded highlighting the importance of migration for the higher education sector in Scotland. In our submission we highlighted:
- The UK’s decision to leave the EU offers an unparalleled opportunity to review the whole migration system
- There is a strong case to support devolution of aspects of immigration policy
- Remove international students from the net migration targets
- We welcome the move to a more evidence-based approach taken by the UK Government
- The UK Government must work with the whole HE sector on merit in regards to immigration policy
Read our submission here.