Ahead of the Scottish Parliament election on 6 May 2021, Universities Scotland has prepared a briefing outlining the higher education policies we’re seeking support for in political parties’ manifestos and from the next Scottish Government.
Our five key asks are:
- Increase the amount invested in teaching and wider student support for each Scottish domiciled undergraduate student.
- Commit to growing investment in higher education research and innovation over the next Parliament.
- Invest in flexible, fast skills development to get working-age people back into high-value, secure jobs. This is a key part of an education-led recovery.
- Widen access to postgraduate level skills and enable Scotland to perform on par with the rest of the UK.
- Commit to funding a new set of international scholarships to keep Scotland open and accessible in a post-Brexit world.
Read the full manifesto here.