We have published our letter from Professor Steve Olivier (Principal, Robert Gordon University & Convener of US Learning & Teaching Committee) to the Scottish Government with the thoughts of Universities Scotland in response to the Independent review of the Skills landscape published in June 2023.
In the letter we highlight what we are pleased to see in the review, including:
• The learner centred approach.
• The emphasis on parity of esteem and recognition of the false dichotomy between ‘academic’ and ‘vocational’ education.
• The recognition of the breadth of universities’ role in skills development.
• The support for lifelong learning and part-time learners.
• The call for a more flexible graduate apprenticeship model.