We have created this page in order to keep all the relevant information you need to know about higher education in Scotland and COVID-19 in one place.
- Colleges and universities preparing for phased return. Joint statement with Scottish Government, Universities Scotland and Colleges Scotland [27 May 2020]. Read here.
- Universities Scotland response to additional research funding from Scottish Government. [6 May 2020]. Read here.
- Universities Scotland statement on fair assessment at university during COVID-19. [6 May 2020]. Read here.
- Universities Scotland responds to UK Government’s announcement of a package of support measures for students and universities. Universities Scotland Convener reacts. [4 May 2020]. Read here.
- Universities Scotland comments on Scottish Government’s 50 rapid studies project funding. Universities Scotland Director reacts. [28 April 2020]. Read here.
- Universities Scotland comments on SQA exams 2020 plans. A statement from the Convener of Universities Scotland. [21 April 2020]. Read here.
- Supporting universities during COVID-19. A joint statement by the Scottish Government and Universities Scotland. [10 April 2020]. Read here.
- COVID-19 will not derail universities’ progress on widening access. Press release from Universities Scotland. [6 April 2020]. Read here.
- School exam diet cancellation. Press release from Universities Scotland. [19 March 2020] Read here.
- Scotland’s universities stay open and introduce measures to minimise impact of COVID-19 on students and staff. Press release from Universities Scotland. [13 March 2020]. Read here.
- The impact of COVID-19 on higher education. We have submitted evidence to the Scottish Parliament’s Education and Skills Committee about the impact of COVID-19 on the higher education sector in Scotland as part of their work programme. Read here.
- Fair Assessment at university during COVID-19. The brief offers reassurance that every university in Scotland is applying a criterion of fairness to arrangements for academic assessment as adapted during the pandemic. Read here.
- An existential challenge: the financial threat facing Scottish universities are a result of COVID-19 [9 April 2020]. Read here.
- How Scotland’s universities are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. [Updated regularly]. Read here.