We work closely with the Scottish & UK Parliaments
Keep track of what’s due to happen in Holyrood and Westminster, catch-up on relevant developments and read our consultation responses and parliamentary briefings.
We believe in the highest standards of transparency and integrity in our engagement with politicians so you can also find details of our political meetings.
Coming-up this week
10.00am – Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee
The Committee will meet at 9:30 am in the David Livingstone Room (CR6)
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 5 and 6 in private.
2. Draft Budget Scrutiny 2019-20: The Committee will take evidence on the Scottish Government’s Draft Budget 2019-20 from—
Helen Martin, Assistant General Secretary, Scottish Trades Union Congress;
Rob Gowans, Policy Officer, Citizens Advice Scotland;
Matt Lancashire, Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI);
Gordon McGuinness, Director, Industry and Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland;
and then from—
Kirsty McHugh, Chief Executive, Employment Related Services Association (ERSA);
John Downie, Director of Public Affairs, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO);
Lucinda McAllister, Deputy Chairperson, Scottish Local Authorities Economic Development Group.
3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will take evidence on the Debt Arrangement Scheme (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2018 [draft] from—
Jamie Hepburn, Minister for Business, Fair Work and Skills, and Victoria Morton, Lawyer, Legal Directorate – Constitutional & Civil Law, Scottish Government;
Richard Dennis, Chief Executive, Accountant in Bankruptcy.
4. Subordinate legislation: Jamie Hepburn (Minister for Business, Fair Work and Skills) to move—S5M-13670—That the Economy, Energy and Fair Work Committee recommends that the Debt Arrangement Scheme (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2018 [draft] be approved.
5. Draft Budget Scrutiny 2019-20: The Committee will consider evidence heard at today’s meeting.
12.00pm – First Minister’s Questions
Both the House and Commons and House of Lords rose for conference recess on Thursday 13 September and will return on Tuesday 9 October.
Image © Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body – 2012. Licensed under the Open Scottish Parliament Licence v1.0.