Further and Higher Education ICT Strategy (2013)
The Scottish Government published a review of ICT Infrastructure in the public sector – the McClelland Report. This marks the FE and HE sector’s response to this review as developed by the HE & FE ICT Oversight Board.
Five key actions are being taken forward as a response to the McClelland Report:
- Establish a baseline and benchmarks for the sectors’ performance
- Set appropriate targets for the sectors
- Review the ‘data landscape’ with a view to rationalising student and course data.
- Develop the sector’s capacity for shared services in ICT and identify where there is expertise amongst staff.
- Improve value for money from ICT procurement.
- ICT has the capacity to build on universities’ world-leading position as an educator.
- IT also has the potential to improve efficiency in HE and eliminate duplication.