Ahead of the Scottish Parliament’s Education and Skills Committee hearing from the Minister for Further Education, Higher Education and Science as well as the Scottish Funding Council, we have provided the committee with evidence about the impact of COVID-19 on the higher education sector in Scotland.
Our evidence outlines our key concerns at the moment and highlights the major issues of concerns for universities. Our submission is split into five sections:
- Summary of actions taken by institutions in the interests of staff and students.
- Financial picture facing universities and the need for a support package.
- Action already taken to address the financial situation: Scotland, UK and universities.
- Universities as an asset in the post-pandemic recovery.
- University response to fight COVID-19.
To read our evidence, please read here.